Before starting, please read the following instructions carefully
This website aims to help exchange students understand and choose their course programme at INSA Lyon.
Choices saved on My Account or sent to academic contacts are not mandatory and do not obligate students. Course programmes complied on this website do not replace the Application Form and the Learning Agreement that are available for completion during exchange campaigns. Only those two documents will be considered for admission.
INSA Lyon counts 9 departments of engineering. For Your Learning Agreement, you must choose:
- A main department, and a minor department if you wish
- 60% of total scientific ECTS credits in the main department
- Only 1 or 2 courses in the minor department
- 30 ECTS credits maximum per semester
NB: Level B1 is recommended.
You must be at least B1 level (CEFR) for all courses in French.
Recruitment campaigns open :
- in February, for an exchange starting in September (Stay for 1 academic year or 1 fall semester)
- in September, for an exchange starting in January (Stay for 1 spring semester)
The recruitment campaign for Semester 1 (September 2021 - January 2022) or the full academic year is now closed.
The next campaign for Semester 2 (February 2022 - July 2022) will open on September 13th, 2021.
However, you can begin consulting your courses in order to prepare your learning agreement. You can also find information about our administrative procedures and our different departments.
Please note that courses may be modified/added prior to the opening of the campaign. Only selections made from September 13th, 2021 will be accepted in your registration application.
In line with the French authorities, we are maintaining our inbound and outbound exchanges for 2021-2022. More information about the situation at INSA Lyon can be find on our FAQ.