An international campus: 30% foreign students representing 92 nationalities
Shanghai Ranking by Subject 2020
- 2nd French University for Mechanical Engineering (#51-75)
- 5th French University for Metallurgical Engineering (#76-100)
QS Ranking by Subject 2020
- INSA Lyon is among the top 11% universities in Mechanical, Aeronautical & Industrial Engineering and in Civil Engineering ;
- It ranks in the top 22% of universities in Engineering & Technology, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Materials Sciences and IT Telecommunications.
Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020
- 5th French University for its approach and research activities for sustainable development (#201-300)
THE World University Ranking 2020: #601 out of 1,400 institutions (top 43%)
QS World University Ranking 2021: #541 out of 1,600 institutions (top 34%)
High-Quality Teaching Programmes
An engineering curriculum integrating a multidisciplinary approach, including humanities
• 9 engineering departments.
• Strong links to industry, including internship opportunities
• Project-based pedagogy
• Synergy between education and research
Student Services and Support
French lessons are provided all year, including summer and winter schools.
• Each department has an international academic advisor and the International Relations Office is there to help too.
• Halls of residence available for all international students
Vibrant Campus Life
Great place to study, enjoy many cultural and sporting activities
• More than 130 student associations: INSA Lyon encourages students to actively participate in community life on campus: a good way to make friends and foster leadership and project management skills
• Located on 2 sites: Lyon Tech-La Doua campus (Technopolis of 100 ha, 25,000 students, 80 laboratories) and Oyonnax (Plasticampus)
2nd best French city for the quality of student life - L’Etudiant.fr 2021-2022 (renowned French media for education).
• 2nd most dynamic digital sector (robotics, programming, big data, etc.). Over 7000 companies in the digital sector are based in the Lyon area. The city supports start-ups in the digital sector via growth accelerators such as Lyon French Tech (Aderly.com)
• 2nd largest City in France and leading industrial region
• Major cultural events: Les Nuits Sonores (electro music festival - 140,000 people), Les Nuits de Fourvière (performing arts festival - 130,000 people)
• Vieux Lyon listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site